Tabs

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Review: War Horse

In times of austerity and uncertainty it is hard to justify spending money on theatre tickets as they are a luxury and an expensive night out: tickets, babysitter, dinner and cab fares home all adds up.  However, if you fancy a treat and a great night out then I can't rate War Horse highly enough.  I was a sceptic - I mean I don't usually like war movies or war themes generally (tragic side effect of being born in a war-torn country I guess), I like horses yes, but I consider myself too old to particularly like puppets so why would I go and see a show about a life-sized horse puppets and war? Well, I am open-minded so I went along anyway and am glad to report that it was much better than I could have imagined - brilliant and wow!   For my full review click here